Monday, May 11, 2015

Getting Back On Track!


It's been waaaaay too long!! I know you guys I'm so sorry for my absence over the last month!!  Life has been insane to say the least.  I started a new full time job that I love, we had to put Paige in daycare, and Tim has been working graveyard shifts (BOOOO!).  Of course because Paige was making new little friends with runny noses she brought home every sickness that has been going around this season....and because she's a sweetheart she shared all of them!!!  The icky sick stuff is finally making it's way out of the house and it's time to get back to making time for a couple of things I love!  That would be Fit Foodie Forever and Beachbody! 

To help me get back on track I decided to give the 3 Day Refresh a go, not going to lie I LOVE it!!! It is basically a detoxifying cleanse that gets rid of bloat that's been building up and gives you a perfect springboard to jump back into your heath and fitness goals.  There were some trying times where I had to talk myself off the chili cheese dip ledge BUT I made it!  I proved to myself that I can stick to my guns and achieve any goal I set.  So maybe you're thinking "3 days?? That's easy!!" you would be both right and wrong.  The easy part is that it is only 3 days that's 72 hours and totally doable it will fly by actually!! Where you're wrong is that it is only 3 days LOL!  There is not any room for a cheat here or there not if you want to see some results and have the self gratification of completing something :)

The meals were super easy I actually prepped everything for the 3 days in under an hour.  The 3 Day Refresh comes with a food guide and eating schedule for your day.  I decided for convenience to just have the same thing everyday.  Since I was doing it by myself I didn't have to listen to anyone whining about the lack of variety LOL!  Also I really didn't want to spend a ton for only 3 days!!  Here's what each day looked like for me....

Breakfast - Vegan Chocolate Shakeology blended with frozen berries and water.
Mid Morning - Fiber Sweep drink (honestly not terrible!) and green tea.
Lunch - Vanilla Fresh shake mixed with water, roasted artichokes with avocado and hot sauce, and grapes.
Afternoon - Roasted artichokes with avocado and hot sauce.
Dinner - Vanilla Fresh shake mixed with water and Cucumber Tomato Salad
Evening - Green tea

Pretty simple right?!  So having made it through the 3 Day Refresh I am officially down 5.5 lbs and 1.5" of my waist line!!!  Super exciting I know :)  Is it probably water weight? Yup!  But I feel 100lbs lighter and my energy is through the roof.  It's really set me up for my next step which is....THE 21 DAY FIX EXTREME!!  I'm so excited for this I loved the original 21 Day Fix and saw some great results.  It's time to kick things up a notch though :)

The 3 Day Refresh was the kick start that I needed to get back on my health and fitness journey.  After all...this journey is a marathon not a sprint.  It is a lifestyle not a fad.  Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and that can slow you down, but you can never give up!  The obesity trend is no joke my friends...it's scary just how real it is.  For myself I need to be vigillent, both of my grandmothers and my mom suffer from diabetes.  At one point they could've changed their lifestyle habits to embrace clean eating and fitness.  That would've put them in a drastically different place than they are now.  It's never too late though I'm still holding out hope especially for my mom...I don't want to lose her any sooner than I have too.  For my daughter I need to set the best example possible.  I want her to have a first hand experience of how amazing a clean lifestyle can be.  I know eventually she will have to make her own choices and mistakes...my goal is to make sure she has the best foundation possible to fall back on.

Alrightly!  So that's it...I just wanted to give you guys a quick update.  If you find yourself in a similar spot...you know the one.  Summer is knocking on your door and the comfort that you find in your baggy pants and sweatshirts is causing you perspire like a fountain, but the thought of a tank top and shorts is terrifying.  If you are ready to start your own journey or maybe need a kick in the butt to get back on track send me a message through here, hit me up on Facebook, or fill out the app below.  I will have accountability groups going throughout the summer for fitness and clean eating.  Whatever you decide to do please know that it is never too late to make positive life changes.  You might as well give it a shot, honestly what's the worse thing that could happen?!  You get some new yummy clean recipes for your family and you lose some weight so you can fit into that old pair of jeans....that sounds terrible LOL!!  Will it be easy?...probably not.  Worth it?...YES!!
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! You look great, by the way and I’m happy that you lost a lot of pounds. I do agree that diets, especially short-term ones are just springboard to a lifestyle of fitness. That being said, when I was faced to face with an upcoming wedding of my sister, I resorted to another diet called the 3 day military diet. It was easy to do and the food choices were inexpensive. Like your 3 Day Refresh diet, there are set meal plans for the entire 3 days. I figured this is great since it will save me the effort of trying to mix and match food – and I don’t have the time for that! At the end of the 3 day, I lost 7 pounds and I plan to do the diet again this week. If you want to look at a great resource page of the military diet here’s a link. You can even make a review for your readers like me so we can have a lot of options http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/effect/what-is-the-military-diet.html

    ReplyDelete