Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mojito Fruit Salad



I want to start by saying that I did not come up with this tasty creation on my own.  Once upon a time there was a BBQ and this little delight showed up!  I don't remember where the BBQ was, who was there, why we were having one....all I remember when I think back is this fruit salad!  So to the lovely person who is the genius behind this from the bottom of my heart I thank you!  This fruit salad is great and healthy as well :)  All I use for the dressing is fresh squeezed lime and chopped mint, with all of the tasty fruit there's no reason to add in extra sweeteners like honey and what not.  I like to use a melon baller to scoop out my honeydew but if you don't have one have no fear you can chop up the melon using a knife.  Also be for warned peeling the kiwi is super not fun, but it's totally worth it to have yummy kiwi in the salad!  If you are having more of an adult get together this salad makes one delicious drink too!  Just toss the fruit and some of the juices into your cup, add in some white wine, or white rum or vodka and top with some club soda or sprite....CHEERS!! For the 21 Day Fix your serving size will be 1 cup.

Mojito Fruit Salad

Ingredients
2 Granny Smith Apples
5 Kiwis
1 Honeydew Melon
1/2lb Green Grapes
2 Limes
3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Mint

Directions
Cut all of your fruit into bite sized pieces.  Like I said I really like to use a melon baller for the honeydew.  Also I suggest cutting up your apples last because the longer they sit with their flesh exposed the browner they will get.  I've decided that cutting the grapes in half is a nice touch...LOL have you ever tried to stab a whole grape with a fork??  I would usually just give up and use my fingers :)  Once all of your fruit is ready to go mix the juice from both limes with the chopped mint.  Pour lime/mint mixture all over your fruit and lightly toss to combine everything.  And that's it!!! I let it chill for about an hour before serving. Super tasty and healthy :)

15 comments:

  1. This salad sounds really good. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you love it as much as I do :)

      Delete
  2. Will the apples turn brown if I use this salad for a few days for my eating plan? I like to meal prep and want this included this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. To help with this, pour some lemon juice in the bottom of a tupperware container (enough to cover the bottom). As you slice your apples, put them in the container. Once all the apples slices are in, pour more lemon juice on top of the apples. Close the lid, shake the container really good. Then take your apples out and add them to this or any other recipe. Lemon juice is great to keep them from browning for 3 days in my experience.

      Delete
  3. Will the apples turn brown if I use this salad for a few days for my eating plan? I like to meal prep and want this included this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^I lightly coat my apples in either lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. I haven't done it for this recipe but I've done it for others that call for apples. You can't even taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this recipe today and it will be a staple in my house. Love mojitos and fruit. This will kill two birds with one stone, minus the alcohol of course. I give this a 5 star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this recipe but used pineapple juice in place of the lime juice, it also keeps the apples from browning without the extra tartness. Turned out delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this recipe but used pineapple juice in place of the lime juice, it also keeps the apples from browning without the extra tartness. Turned out delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Albeit a few fruits are regular, crisp fruits are as yet accessible in market year-round when neighborhood ranches creations are stopped.voedingswaarde passievrucht

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is not an overstatement. Quality health and fitness books can provide all manner of excellent information on various different subjects. health

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's significantly more research on eating regimen and health accessible now than there was 30 years prior, and cholesterol proceeds as the focal point of eating routine and health counsel. buy cabaser online USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. The effect of this 'fitness prescription' is both recuperating and preventive and is the self-health care that no one but you can give yourself that will recover your body and revive your soul.buy arimidex

    ReplyDelete