Thursday, February 12, 2015

Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken


I loooooove shredded chicken!!  This chicken is perfect to throw on top of your salad, use for a quick wrap, or just enjoy it as is with a little dijon mustard :) And I really love that this is cooked in the slow cooker with frozen chicken...I'm a weirdo and hate handling raw meat!!  You can change up the spices however you would like, I like the combination that I've used here because it's not overwhelming and just gives the chicken a little flavor boost!  Also you'll notice that I use water for my liquid...feel free to use chicken or veggie stock if you would like.  I just try to eliminate salt wherever I can and store bought stocks (even the low sodium ones) are packed to the brim with salt!  Plus most chicken has some sort of sodium injection to preserve the meat...whatever it is what it is!  Anyways here are the details...I hope you enjoy and remember this recipe is 100% customizable!!  If you have a favorite spice blend go ahead and toss that in :)  I'm following the 21 Day Fix meal plan so I like to portion my chicken out into easy to grab bags, that way I know I'm eating the right amount!

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
 Ingredients
4 Frozen Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Tsp Cayenne
1/4 Cup Water

Directions
Get out your slow cooker and pour in the water.  Mix all of your spices together.  Place two of your chicken breasts in your slow cooker and sprinkle half of your spice mix over the chicken.  Put in the remaining chicken and top with the rest of your spices.  Cook on high for 3 hours, turn chicken halfway through cooking time.  When chicken is cooked all the way through (internal temp of 165) remove from the slow cooker and shred using two forks.  Portion out your chicken and you're all set!! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment